Tuesday, March 19, 2013

In God's Timing...

 
I know I have said this at least once, if not many more times, but it never ceases to amaze me the way that God orchestrates things. I mean really, when we are willing to allow Him to He is always at work in order to finish the work He has begun in me. Just like His promise in the Bible.
 
being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;   
Philippians 1:6
 
And before you begin to feel discouraged and feeling like living your life for God is too difficult - remember God is the one who will do it for you - you only have to be willing to turn your will and your life over to him.
 
for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Philippians 2:13
 
I don't know about you, but I like that! :O)
 
*********************************
A little over 2 years ago - I think it was, my husband and I were looking at one of our favorite Antique Malls in the area when I came across the two books above. I had heard a couple of my friends talk about the Max Lucado book and how good it was. Well I decided to buy both books.
 
I read "Traveling Light" and was truly blessed by it. Not too long after that I picked up the other book and just could not get into it so I put it back on the book shelf.

Well about a week or so ago I felt like it was time to read this book. I picked it up and opened up to the introduction page and began to read and I knew - that it WAS the book I was to be reading. This is not the first time that this has happened and I am certain it won't be the last. I just love it when that happens, because I am convinced that I am exactly where God wants me to be!
 
I will do a book review on it in a week or so. I am about half way through and it has been a real blessing.
What are you reading that has been a blessing to you?
 


2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories