Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bible Marking..series..."Inspiration of the Bible"

Things you will need for Bible Marking:

*Bible
*colored pencils
*pencil- I recommend a good #2 pencil- these are getting harder and harder to find.
*pen- optional - I like to use a pen to write information on a paper in the back of my Bible.
*ruler or bookmark- you will use this to be able to underline the verses.

Now you are ready to go!

Our first Bible Marking Lesson will be "Inspiration of the Bible"

So first of all - find a blank page in the back of your Bible. If you have to you could always do this part on a piece of paper and then glue it to a back page. Which ever works best for you.

At the very top of that blank page - I write "Inspiration of the Bible" and then "IB" and then John 14:6 and then once I have picked out the color I want to use - I color a oval or circle - what ever you want to use of that color. This is just so that you will know what color you will be using with this Bible Marking.

So this is what is written at the top of my blank page:
Inspiration of the Bible- IB- John 14:7 - Blue


So next you would go to the above verse in your Bible. Once you get there - Underline the verse/verses with your colored pencil.

"Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."   

 At the end of the verse - you will use your pencil to write "IB-John 17:17"

"17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth."
 
"IB- II Timothy 3:15-16"at the end of the verse above.

"and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, "
IB- II Peter 2:21

 "For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them." 
IB- Romans 15:4
   
"For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope."
IB-Luke 24:27

"And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself."   
IB-John 6:63

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life."
IB-Psalms 119:105  

"Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path."
IB-End

At the end of each Bible Marking theme - you will write the code letters for that theme and then "End"

I hope I was able to write this out in a way that it is understandable. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask and I will do my best to answer.

I hope you are blessed as you study the Word of God. May God bless you! :o)



   

2 comments:

  1. Why do we have to write 'IB-END'? Would it not better to leave it open as we can still add more verses in future?

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision