Friday, April 15, 2011

What "ruts" have you developed?

They say that when you continually think negative thoughts that it is like a dirt road - and when you continually travel over the exact same place on the road, there becomes ruts. When the ruts are formed it is hard to think anything other than those negative thoughts. And when you decide you want out of that rut you have to make a conscience effort to think positive thoughts.


Well I am finding out that it is the same way with judgemental thoughts. I have been paying more attention to my thought life ever since last week when I read, "Judge not, that you may not be judged." Matthew 7:1 I have noticed that I had fallen into a rut. And since the Holy Spirit had convicted me of how wrong it was of me to be that way, I have really prayed for help in this area of my life.


I grew up around a lot of critical, judgemental comments and attitudes. I mean seriously thinking about it - that is where the comments to my sister and I about our weight came from. You know comments like "no one will want to marry a fat girl" and things like that. Before we even realize what judgemental thoughts were, we were being judged and taught to judge.


This judgemental attitude not only affects our thoughts of other people but it also affects the thought about ourselves. None of those judgemental thoughts, whether they be about others or ourselves, do any good. The only way we can change these bad habits is to pray and ask for help. On our own, we can not conquer these tasks but with the help of Jesus Christ we can over come.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengtheth me." Philippians 4:13


God not only wants us to love Him, but He wants us to love our neighbors and ourselves. And love does not include a judgemental and critical attitude.

"...You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself." Luke 10:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)