Thursday, April 28, 2011

I have a good reason for my absence

Well it may seem as if I feel off the face of the earth - but I did not. Wednesday morning I had an appointment to get my haircut. Then after that I hit about 8 different places running lots of errands while I was in town(with gas prices being as high as they are - heard they jumped to 3.88 today) I try to run my errands together. Well at my last stop - Walmart I got a phone call from my husband asking me where I was - how long I would be there. When I asked him why- he informed me that he had been having chest pains - for the last couple of days but today it had gotten worse - and along with the pain he had been sweaty and nauseous and the pain radiating to his shoulder. So he wanted me to meet him at the ER - So I did and at about 2:30pm he checked in. Well after all sorts of test and all they decided to keep him over night and run a stress test. Now this is actually his 4 stress test. His family history on his fathers side is pretty bad when it comes to hearts. My husbands dad had to have a heart transplant about 12 years ago or so. And there are many more stories I could tell but to save time - just believe me when I say it is a long history of problems. So today they did the stress test. And at about 7pm tonight we found out that the stress test came back abnormal and they are planning on doing a heart cath tomorrow. We don't know what time for sure yet but I would sure appreciate prayers for him. It is scary because even though the test is relatively safe - there are some scary things that could happen - heart attack, strokes being at the top of the list. I am putting all of this in God's hands. And just in case I did not realize that is what I was suppose to do with it all - when I was driving home - it was like the first song that I heard on the radio- In the Hands of God by the Newsboys.
So that is why it as been a few days since I have posted. I told you I had a good reason. :o)

3 comments:

  1. In the hands of God is the best place to be. Always.

    Praying for the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your husband, Lisa. I hope all goes well. My father-in-law had a heart attack and subsequent treatments (cath, etc.). It's amazing what they can do to help these days, but during the process it is so stressful. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories