Saturday, April 9, 2011

Judge Not

Mom's Toolbox is doing a Bible Reading of Blogging Through the Gospels. Click here if you would like to find out for about it.

I am not officially participating in it although I am reading along and have been thoroughly blessed by those participating. Today's reading was Matthew 7

"Judge not, that you may not be judged." Matthew 7:1


When I read this God conflicted me that I really needed to work on this area of my life. It seems to that too often we become so accustom to sin, that sometimes we do not even realize that what are are doing is sin. It becomes a habit that we do without even thinking.


2 "For with whatever judgment you judge, you shall be judged; and with whatever measure you measure out, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why do you look on the splinter that is in your brother's eye, but do not consider the beam that is in your own eye? 4 Or how will you say to your brother, Let me pull the splinter out of your eye; and, behold, a beam is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First cast the beam out of your own eye, and then you shall see clearly to cast the splinter out of your brother's eye. " Matthew 7:2-5


So after reading my Bible reading in Matthew 7. I decided to go check out all the verses that were listed on the cross reference guide and just for verse 1 I came up with a lot of them. "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you shall be forgiven." Luke 6:37

"Therefore you are without excuse, O man, everyone who judges; for in that in which you judge another, you condemn yourself, for you who judge do the same things." Romans 2:1


"But to me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you, or by a man's day; but I do not judge my own self, 4 for I know nothing by myself. Yet I have not been justified by this, but He who judges me is the Lord. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts. And then shall each one have praise of God." 1 Corinthians 4:3-5


"Do not speak against one another, brothers. He who speaks against his brother, and who judges his brother, speaks against the Law and judges the Law. But if you judge the Law, you are not a doer of the Law, but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you who judges another?" James 4:11-12


And I think that this next verse in important in our study of judging.



"And He said to them, Take heed what you hear. With that measure which you measure, it shall be measured to you. And to you who hear, more shall be given." Mark 4:24


And wouldn't you know it, once I had read his and started doing research for this post - then I found myself judging -and not just once. I really have a problem with this. This is just another area of my life that unless I have help from the Holy Spirit - I would fail. I pray that God will help me as I try to change this bad habit that I have, and that I will show mercy and grace instead. :o)

2 comments:

  1. A good reminder and a great study. I especially liked your cross-reference to Matthew 7 --- Judge not and you shall not be judged --- condemn not and you shall not be condemned. Forgive and you shall be forgiven. This is such an important concept for Christians (and one I think we put on the back burner sometimes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post! I appreciate your sharing it. I would say that you ARE "officially" participating in the Moms Tool Box program--you do not have to be blogging every day in order to be participating, only doing the daily reading.

    And as far as finding yourself judging again--isn't that what the Bible does? It is like a mirror, and the more we look in the Bible, the more sinful we see that we ourselves are. Without Jesus cleaning us we would have no hope.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking