Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"in whom I am well pleased"

"And lo, a voice from Heaven, saying, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." Matthew 3:17


Up to this point in the story, we are told of Jesus being born of a virgin and eventually ending up in Nazareth(when it was safe). He was the son of a carpenter and worked with his father. Then Jesus goes out to Jordon unto John because He wanted to be baptized. John baptized him and the voice sounds from Heaven. "This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased." It was after this that Jesus began to preach and heal people. And yet his Father in Heaven as already well pleased with his Son. God loves us right NOW. Not just when we get better or more holy. These things will never come unless we accept God's love for us. Right where we are. He is the only one who can work in our hearts and lead us into the person He wants us to be. The people we were meant to be...long before sin entered into the world. God accepts us and values us and we need to accept and value those around us - not based on merit but based on God's love and grace. "But grow in grace and in knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen." 2 Peter 3:18

1 comment:

  1. We need to accept and love, not based upon merit but upon God's love --- such a beautiful reminder for the day. Thank you, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)