Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cheerleader or Opposing Team part 2

Yesterday after dealing with the fact that some that I thought should be cheerleaders for me - were actually acting the part of the opposing team, I began to think about the whole situation. Which one was I for other people around me? Was I encouraging them as they traveled across the field to the goal? Or was I one of the opposing team - saying discouraging things and blocking the advancement of others on their attempts to journey across the field.

We have to be very careful because we can be used to discourage other people along this journey of our lives. We can also be used to encourage and lift other people up. It is my prayer that I am used to life others up and to be an encouragement to others along their journey of life. And It believe that a good way that we can be used as the encourager's instead of discouraging others is to have a close relationship with Jesus Christ. And I also think that this verse is am important one to remember along or journey: "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8


So as we travel along life's highways let us strive towards being encourager's of one another and lift those up who need the help. We can be the Cheerleaders encouraging each other along the way to victory - when Jesus comes again!! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts! Love Phil.4:8! I also want to be an encourager for other people. Don't always succeed! But I think that is what Jesus was as he lived his life here on earth, and I do want to be like Him!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories