Monday, October 5, 2020

Getting My Herbs Ready for a Project

So my dehydrator has been very busy lately. I have been dehydrating rosemary for an antibiotic extract that I am planning to make. I wish I had have learned about this sooner because it will have to sit for 6- 8 weeks once I get it all mixed together. 
Anyway I will need rosemary, oregano, and thyme for this project. Here are a few shots of the rosemary I have dried so far- will need to do more. 


My oregano plant is much smaller than my rosemary bush and it is kind of hiding behind the rosemary. But here is what I have dried of it so far- not a lot but I have heard that when you use your herbs- but clippings off of them that they grow more so I am hoping that this is true. Oh and the great thing is that it doesn't take the oregano very long at all to dehydrate! Much shorter time than the rosemary for sure. 

As I mentioned I will need Thyme as well - I am not growing Thyme at this time...lol 
Don't know if it grows well here or not, I will have to ask around. 
Anyway I will have to get some of it to add to my mixture. 
I will also need to buy some food grade glycerin for this project and a pint jar or two - if I can get enough herbs I will do more than one! 
I will post the video soon so that you can watch it because you too may want to make some of this stuff. 

This world is becoming more and more crazy and the more things we can learn to do to take care of our health the better. That is why I am learning and trying new things. Hopefully they work!! 

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar