Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Blessed Ark of Rest and Security

Today I wanted to share something beautiful that I found in the book that I told you all about on my Best Deal Post. I have only read the first 8-10 pages and I already know I will LOVE this book! It is on the excellent level that my "The Cross and It's Shadow" book by Stephen N. Haskell. I hope you are blessed - I know I was! :O)

***************************************************************************************************

"What lesson was to be taught by the Ark, with its contents? It is well known that an ark had been used at different periods in the history of this world prior to this time. When the Lord was to bring a deluge upon the world, He commanded Noah to build him an ark for the saving of himself and his family. When Moses was born, and it was expected that he would be drowned according to the command of pharaoh, his mother secured and ark, and hid him therein. In this ark he was afterward discovered by the Egyptian princess, and his life was saved. Thus we learn that the ark was a symbol of protection, safety, care, preservation. But in the ark which God commanded made, was deposited the law of God, the Ten Commandments. What can we therefore learn from both the ark and the law?"

"We read in the 40th Psalm, the following prophecy:

"Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart."
And to whom this prophecy refers is explained by the apostle Paul:
"Wherefore when He cometh into the world, He (Christ) saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: in burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. Then said I, Lo. I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me.) To do thy will, O God. We thus see that the fulfillment of this prediction is none other than Jesus Christ. Then the place in which the law of God was deposited in His life, was His heart. In the fleshly tables of His divine-human soul were inscribed by the finger of God's own Spirit the divine and eternal precepts of Jehovah's unaltered law. Then it must be apparent that the ark, the place of safety, was a symbol of the life of Christ in which was placed the law of Jehovah."

"Was not His life a living "witness" as to who is the true and living God and as to the nature of His character? Oh, precious Ark of Safety! In Him is a sure and blessed Ark of Rest and Security! God could place His law in that heart, for He knew it was safe. It would never be betrayed; it would never be forsaken; it would never be misrepresented! It would always be preserved. What Jesus did with God's law, is what He will do in every soul who will trust in Him."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar