Friday, October 16, 2020

Another Unexpected Surprise in My Yard

Last week I shared how I was happily surprised to find elderberry growing in my back yard! 
Well the beginning of this week I noticed a little bunch of yellow flowers in my yard and I thought to myself, "I wonder if that is another great plant to have." Well I was very busy and just forgot to go get a photo to try to figure out what it was. 

A couple of days later a friend was sharing on Facebook how she was out out foraging for goldenrod. I noticed the yellow flowers in her photo and was reminded about my yellow flowers. So I went and got photos of my flowers:

And I asked my friend if they were goldenrod and sure enough they were!! Yay! I was so excited! 
God has provided us with things we need for our health - we just have to be willing to pay attention and be willing to learn. I went back out and gathered some, being sure to leave some. It is very important to leave a few so that they can go to seed and then they can come back next year! I was thankful that a lady shared that on her video I watched about goldenrod. Somethings you just don't think of on your own. I would much rather leave some out there and have it come back again next year. 

To be honest, I almost waited too long before checking on these plants. Next time when I feel the nudge that I need to check something out, I hope that I will do so in a timely manner.

Now I have some goldenrod handing in my sunroom drying. It feels good to be resources and use what you have been blessed with! :O) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity