Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Attention Canners:

 So recently as I was watching a youtube video - I learned something that I thought would be very important for any of you that are canners would need to know. As you all know there have been shortages of different things through the last 8 months. And I am sure that you have noticed it being more and more challenging to find canning supplies. Well the video that I watched read a letter from the company that is over Ball and Kerr and a couple more. And basically they said that as of Oct 1, 2020 they will no longer be shipping supplies to the stores. They will be focusing on getting jars and supplies ready for next canning season - I think they said that they plan to start sending things out in March of next year! Wow! I was so disappointed especially since I have just gotten into canning in the last month or so. Many canners are very smart and stock up on supplies. And thankfully I have a decent amount of supplies right now - But there are a few items I would like to find to stock up on - like wide mouth lids for example. 

So this post is just a heads up to any of my readers who may be canners- if you do not have the canning supplies you will need for the next 5-6 months- you may want to get out and check the stores now. I have been lucky at HEB lately. I check Walmart each time I go as well. I went to Winco today and they had a good supply but not what I was looking for. I have heard that TSC and Ace Hardware stores also carry canning things. 

I would suggest you be careful of who you buy supplies from - on line. I have also heard of people getting shotty products when they thought they were getting good quality. Also people are buying stuff and then price gouging - so just try to avoid those situations. Just keep checking different places and hopefully you will find what ever supplies you need. 

I hope that this was helpful to some of you and I hope that I have gotten the word out so that you will have the opportunity to get out to the stores and find what you need. Good luck!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity