Tuesday, October 27, 2020

I Will Not Buy Vaseline

 I have never really liked commercials. Yeah - every so often there are some enjoyable ones like some of the Sonic commercials, but mostly they are boring. Well lately I have noticed a trend I am NOT liking. It seems that even the commercials seem to have a propaganda. They are doing their best to deceive people into believing what ever that company believes. And Vaseline is the one that got my attention this week. 

We have DirecTV so I usually fast forward through commercials and that works great. But since I have been watching more Youtube lately and there are all sorts of commercials on there and you have to watch at least the first 5 seconds of the commercials before you can "Skip" them. And then sometimes you are busy doing something else and can't skip them - then you are forced in to hearing what they have to say and I was very disappointed in a commercial that I heard that Vaseline did and I decided that I haven't really liked their products that much any way and the 1 jar of vaseline that I have - I have had for years and lucky for me - I can buy off name brands if I ever need any more. 

Vaseline is not the only one that is trying to spread their own propaganda and trying to cause more division in our country, there are others as well. I would suggest that you think about what you buy and what you want to support with your money. And as they say - money talks. Yeah - I know that my choosing not to buy any of their products will not hurt them- but it will make me feel better. Because every time I see the jar of vaseline in my bathroom - I think of the divisive message that they are putting out there and it does not bring peace. 

I am SO disappointed in so many of the companies that have chosen to try to spread more hate and division in our country. These companies have the ability to make a positive impact and yet they choose to try to bring our country down instead. And I for one am choosing not to support the companies that I are trying to cause division. I am sure many of them get past me - since I do my best NOT to watch commercials  But I choose not to suppose companies that are spreading a negative propaganda. 

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome idea. I fast forward through most commercials when I do watch TV but sometimes I am busy with a project. It makes me sad all the negativity in the commercials.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity