Tuesday, October 13, 2020

My Most Recent Canning Adventure

As you know I have been doing some canning lately. Once I started doing it and found out how fun it was to learn something new I have continued on to see what all I can learn and salsa seemed the best thing to try next. 

I found a great recipe for cherry tomato/ corn salsa in the New Ball book. And it is delicious!! 

Isn't it pretty with the corn in there? 

My husband doesn't really like chunky salsa so on the next batch I had to blend up the tomatoes. 
Although he said he wanted to tomatoes blended up the next time I did get his seal of approval. 

One little lesson I learned on my last batch of salsa- is to be sure and taste what ever you are making to can. On the last batch I did not have enough cilantro and it ended up tasting too limey. So I am experimenting with it - hoping once I open the jars - if I add a bit of cilantro maybe it will taste better. 

Oh and one thing we have done is added black beans when we are about to eat the salsa- I really like it that way!! 

This week I will be taking a bit of a break from canning because I have other things I want to work on - like cleaning my carpets and cleaning the fish tank and such. 

Are you a canner? If so what have you been canning lately? I would love to hear from you!! :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity