Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Above and Beyond

 I am sure that many, if not all of you who read this post were impacted in some way with the shut downs that happened around Covid. And I am guessing you might have been one of the many who noticed that many of the things that you were looking to buy were no longer available in the stores. That situation is enough to cause anyone to become some what of a prepper. No, I am not a crazy prepper that is hoarding all sorts of things. But I have decided since then that I will do my best to try to have a little extras of the basic and all so that if something flies off of the shelves again then maybe we will have enough until a new stock is able to be brought in. And I think this is a good idea for us all to do. 

I have just been buying an extra can or two where and there so I can have a working pantry and then a pantry store. Once I use things in my pantry - I get stuff out of my pantry store to replace it and add those things to my grocery list. One of the main things that I have been looking for for over 6-7 months was Hormel Tamales. I used to always love to keep a couple of cans on hand. Because if I needed to make a quick meal for my family - I could open a couple of cans, make up some spanish rice and pick a veggie and have a meal. Well I have seen the same exact thing every time I have gone to the store - an empty shelf. Well thankfullly someone mentioned to me that they had seen tamales at Dollar General - so last week i went to check DG again. I had checked a couple of weeks before but had not found any. Well last week I lucked out- not only did I find several cans - but they were having a 2 for $3.00 sale! I was so happy! The next time I went to Walmart - I looked and sure enough there were NO cans of tamales- I also noticed that the price at WM for the tamales was 1.57. So not only did God lead me to finding some tamales but I also saved 7 cents per can! What a blessing!!! God went above and beyond and I am so thankful!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity