Monday, October 12, 2020

Garden Harvest

I am SO happy to report that this is the majority of the harvest from last Thursday! I added about a handful of tomatoes to my salad and I chopped up one of the peppers. Oh and I also got a red bell pepper from my garden - not pictured. 

 I am so thankful for the cooler weather and for extra rain several different times that helped my garden to continue to grow. Last year my Japanese eggplants had died off by this time of the year. In fact, this year they did stop producing for a month or 2 and then after we got some good rains picked back up. I am enjoying roasting them! 

My little peppers are coolapenas - I think is what they are called- they are a bit smaller than jalapenos and they are mild. Next year I will probably be planting a jalapeno plant as well. That way I can use my own instead of buying them for salsa. 

My tomato plants seem to be coming back a bit since the horned tomato worms were working so hard to destroy my plants. I have quite a bit of green tomatoes on some of my plants. 

There really is something special about harvesting your produce. There is a feeling of accomplishment and peace. It really is good for the soul. 

I did not get as much planted for my fall garden yet- but there are still a few things that I can plant. I just have to look at my notebook and find out what all I can still plant. I will let ya'll know what else I plant. 

So my question today is - do you have a garden and if so what have you been able to harvest lately? Have you planted anything for a fall garden? If so - what? :O)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar