Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Time to Shine

Probably 5 years or so I bought a cute black eyelet Venezia skirt. I really liked the skirt, but it seemed that none of the outfits that I came up with using this skirt impressed me. As I was culling through my clothes one time I found myself wondering ... Should I get rid of this skirt? I'm really glad that I didn't. It has become a key piece of some of some of my favorite outfits!

I have learned two things recently:

1. Shoe can make or break an outfit. Choose wisely.

2. Just because a top or two don't do well with a skirt doesn't mean it's time to give up on the skirt. You just haven't found the right pieces. Just this year I have found 2 great tops to go with my cute eyelet skirt.

So when you have an item in your wardrobe that you really like but don't seem to be able to create an outfit with it. Don't give up on it yet. Just keep looking sooner or later you will find the perfect pieces to make it work. It just might become a favorite piece in your wardrobe.

Yesterday my  Mother-in-law shared how she had bought a pair of sandals years ago. When she tried them on they were uncomfortable. She put the back in closet. Ever so often she would pull them out again and try them- only to find the same result- uncomfortable. This year came along and she was wanting some sanders and pulled them out and tried them... Lo and behold.... They fit and were comfortable. I have a cute pair of shoes I'm hoping will someday fit.  I'm not ready to give up on them quite yet.

Not everything is worth holding onto. Believe me over the last couple of years I have given away or consigned quite a few items from my wardrobe. Trash bags full of undesirable items have left my home in the last few years. And what I have come up with is a wardrobe that includes more favorite pieces than ever before! And a few items that are patiently waiting for their time to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)