Monday, July 16, 2018

Refer often to the instructions

One of the many benefits of going to Block of the Month (BOM) is that we were able to see the finished block and the owner of the store would tell us different hints and tips to remember in order to be able to put the block together correctly and easily.

Recently I was working on a past BOM. There were a couple of years that my husband also did BOM- he seemed to do the first 2-3 blocks and then would get too busy. So I have those sets of BOM to finish. This is good now that BOM is coming to an end since the store will be closing the end of August. :(

Each month when we get our BOM there is a page of directions. I will be honest sometimes it is a challenge for me to go by these directions so I really tend to listen to D'Andrea as she tells us what to look out for. Well since I am working on a block from  years ago, even though I have made a block exactly like it(in a different color years ago) some can be challenging.

I started putting a BOM together recently and had about 1/2 of the way put together when I discovered that this was a block that could not be put together the way I was doing it. This block was one that you have to work on 4 smaller blocks and then sew them together to create the 12 inch block.

I was reminded that it is a good idea to refer back to the instructions. To read over them in order to see the best way to proceed with putting the block together.

So now I am in the process of unsewing all those pieces ( about 18 pieces) that need to be seam ripped apart.

I was reminded in life that we have directions- the Bible - to help us along our journey of life and we even have a finished block per say- Jesus! The one we are to look at to see how to live. We can sometimes forget about reading the instructions and when we do- we find that life just hasn't gone together properly and many times we find ourselves with a seam ripper trying to undo what we have done.

It's easier to just spend some time every day reading the instructions (the Bible). That will save us the headache of incorrectly putting things together in our lives. Refer often to the instructions - you will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)