Thursday, July 26, 2018

Walking ... It's good for the soul

Good morning! I did it! I made sure I got to my sons house early enough so I would have time to walk around the block a couple of times. Come to find out the block is only 1/4th  of a mile. So I made it twice around and then just walked up and down the street in front of my sons house till he was ready to leave. Thankfully I was able to get 3/4 of a mile- about 15 minutes of a walk in. I officially have 121 miles in for the year. It felt good to be able to get a walk in even if it was a short walk.

I am finding out I really enjoy walking. Some days more than others.... Lol. But it is really refreshing to the soul. I love that it helps keep my body strong. Part of the 1/4 mile walk around the block here at my sons house is up hill. And I could feel it working my legs and my stomach.

My granddaughter will be going back to her moms the middle of next week. I will be able to get more walking in then- which is a good thing, but I will sure miss her- and getting my walks in will help with my sadness as. So that's a good thing. Walking is very good for helping with stress. I am so thankful for a great walking trail nearby. I sure so wish I had a.few hiking trails nearby as well. It does the soul so much good to hike on trails with trees and nature surrounding you.

Well I better close for now. Hope you all have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)