Thursday, July 5, 2018

Digging Deeper into Psalm 23...part 2

Last week as I was sharing the deeper insight into Psalm 23 with my sister, she shared something she had heard on a Christian Radio Station (click on link to check out this Christian radio station - you can even listen live.

"The rod and staff are for beating off the wolves...they comfort the sheep...they do not scare the sheep. So if sheep/us stay close to the Shepherd He beats back the wolves/devil."

"The shepherd does not beat the sheep when they do wrong...that isn't the purpose of the rod/staff."

I looked up in my Andrew's Study Bible to see if there was any insight for us there and this is what I found:

Your rod and Your staff~ The ancient shepherd carried a 2-3 ft. long metal-tipped rod to ward off wild animals and a long crooked staff to rescue straying sheep.

comfort~  In Hebrew the word picture is "give forth signs of contentment." indicating total relaxation.

This insight helps us more deeply understand the phrase :
"Your rod and staff, they comfort me. "

I love digging deeper. If any of you have any digging deeper gems to share about Psalms 23, I would love to hear them. Please leave me a comment with them :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)