Tuesday, July 17, 2018

I want to find out what happens if I don't...give up... that is

Two years ago when I set my goal to lose 50 pounds by age 50, I included a time period in order to help motivate and encourage myself. But lately I have allowed it to discourage me even to the point of almost giving up.

When setting goals it can be very helpful to set a time period, but when you do be sure it is a reasonable time period. Mine really was a reasonable amount of time - 3 1/2 years or so. But over the last year I have been dealing with some personal issues that have set me back a bit and I have been struggling. In fact, I have been struggling so much so that last week I had come to a place of giving up. I had decided to give myself August and September and if I did not get back to losing weight I was going to throw in the towel. I had really come close to giving up.

Thankfully when I shared these feelings with a friend, she said I don't know why you are being so hard on yourself and setting limits on yourself. She helped me see that having a time period set with a goal can be useful and helpful but I had let it almost bring me to quitting. Her words of wisdom, helped me see that I had allowed myself to get discouraged and I too close to giving up on my goals. I needed to be reminded that weight loss was not my only goal - being a healthier me was also something I desired and was another reason for setting my goal. Just because I am not seeing visible results does not mean that what I am doing is not beneficial. I will continue on and hopefully I can reach my goal by my 50th birthday but if not I will not let myself get too discouraged. I will not give up. My health is worth it.

I know what happens when I give up- this time I want to find out what happens if I don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision