Tuesday, July 3, 2018

This is my goal

Lately I have felt discontented and in need of a change. Had thought and thought a lot about the choices I had. Just didn't know the way to go.

 Sometimes when there are changes that need to be made we are caused to feel uncomfortable. Sometimes we need that extra little push for us to make the changes necessary. I know I can be quite stubborn at times. Not really liking changes and so I just continue on even when it doesn't seem to be the best path at that time.

This past weekend I really felt God's guidance, I didn't fully catch that it was going on until it was over. Let me explain. Sabbath Morning I decided to go to a different church than I usually go to. They have an early service that less people attend so plenty of room in the sanctuary so I could easily find a seat. A great sermon was presented from the book of Mark.

There is a sabbath school in the sanctuary and then other smaller classes in several classrooms around the church. I hadn't even considered joining on the of the smaller classrooms- that was push me further outside of my comfort zone than I felt I was ready to go.

After church I left my purse and Bible on the pew where I had been sitting and decided to trek to a water fountain and bathroom on the other side of the church for a bit of exercise. As I was walking I walked passed a doorway with a little poster by the door that said "13 Weeks to more peace". Well that sounded interesting. The lady fixing to walk back into the room I recognized as the pastors wife, I asked her about the class and found out they were on week 3 or 4 and I was told I was welcome to join them. I told her I needed to go get my stuff.

When I walked into the room- there were tables set up in a square with seats all around- the way I like a class to be set up, because I like to get my Bible out and a note pad so I can take notes if I'd like. Someone from the class gave me a little stack of papers- the chapter they were on printed out so I could have it for reference.

Three questions were written on the board. And we were going around the room answering one of the questions or sharing what ever we would like. Even though I hardly knew anyone in the class I felt confident to answer a question and converse with others in the class. This was to help us warm up to the discussion that would follow in the class.

We talked about the difference between penitence and repentance. And we looked at in Matthew  after Jesus is crucified where it tells briefly about Peter and Judas' response to after they had sinned- Peter by denying Jesus and Judas by betraying Jesus, did you realize that booth felt guilty and both were sorry for what they had done? But it is what they dud next that determined their fate.  One repented and the other tried to take care of his sin on his own- penitence. We talked about the importance of forgiveness. It was really a good class. It pushed me just enough out of my comfort zone to feel some growth.

It wasn't until I was driving home that I truly recognized God's hand guiding me. I just love when I know that God is guiding my decisions. I want to develop a life where more and more of it is guided by God. Surrendering myself to Him and allowing Him to lead- This is my goal.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you went there for a visit! And especially that you found that great SS class!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories