Monday, July 9, 2018

Go to the Great Physician, Don't Camouflage

Last week we talked how it would be easier for us to tell if others were hurting if their pains were visible - like the knot on the tree.

 Everyone has hurts in their lives, it matters not if they are small or large, everyone needs compassion.

As I continued to take photos I happen to step to the other side of the tree and noticed something interesting.....
It looks as if the tree or a nearby try was trying to camouflage the  knot on the tree. I began to realize that may of us try to camouflage our pains as well by many different methods.

  • Putting on a front like everything is great in our lives
  • Eating to sooth our pains
  • Shopping
  • Drugs
  • Alcohol
  • Sex
There are many different ways that we try to cover our pain - this is just a small list to what lengths people will go to try to camouflage their pain.

I knew there was a major lesson to be learned from this tree and its seemingly camouflage - and I had to spend some time on my hike the next day praying and asking God to give me insight. He reminded me of something I learned at one of the camp meeting seminars about God being our Great Physician.
God is not just concerned about our physical health- He wants to heal us completely - physically, mentally, spiritually. When we see Jesus healing people in the Bible - we notice something very interesting - He did not heal them just physically - but completely.

We have a great Physician. When we are hurting we need to take those hurts to Him and allow Him to heal us. We don't need to try to camouflage the pain- And push the pain away with the list of things above - we need to take them to Jesus the Great Physician and ask for healing. It might mean asking day by day- thankfully He never leaves us nor forsakes us. We can trust Him with our pains and our hurts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)