Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Black Bean Hummus

So I have already shared the recipe that I use to make a Hearty Hummus. I really like it a lot. Today I tried something a bit different and I really like it as well. I would like to share the recipe because I think it is great and think others would enjoy it. It is hummus made with black beans. Yep- black beans! Just another way to get a little more variety in what you eat.

Black Bean Hummus

1- 15-oz can) black beans, drain and rinse
1/3 c. water(I ended up having to add just a bit more water- like 1 T.)
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. tahini
1-2 cloves of garlic(I used 2 but think I will probably only use 1 next time- it was a little more garlic than I am used to eating)
1 tsp. onion powder
1/4-1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cumin
dash of celery seed-(all I had was celery salt so used that)

Combine in blender.
Whiz until smooth.
Serve with cracker or chips.

For a real flavor hit, combine a recipe of black bean hummus and regular hummus.
* To make regular garbanzo hummus, just replace black beans with garbanzos and increase the lemon juice to 2 1/2 - 3 T.


I found this recipe in a new cookbook that I found this week for 50 cents! And it is in brand new condition. The name of it is: Vital Vittles by Heather Leno. I have had a challenging time finding the book online. But I was able to find a site that actually has links to a good amount of the recipes. If you will click HERE you will be taken to the site and you can just scroll down and read the recipe titles and see if anything looks like something you would like to see the recipe for- then click and check it out.

Or you can click on the link above for another great recipe for Hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking