Thursday, January 14, 2016

A Blessing 3 years in the Making

About 3 years ago - I was blessed with a juicer. A Jack La Lanne's Juicer and it looks a lot like this:

Photo borrowed from internet.

I had thought how cool it would be to have the book that went along with it that had all sorts of recipes. I looked some up on the internet and just did not want to spend the money - $ on book plus shipping. Anyway I thought someday I will find one at the thrift store. Well this was the week that I would find one. On Tuesday I was at one of my favorite thrift stores nearby and I found the book! Not only did I find the book but it was only 50 cents!!!


I am not big into juicing - probably never would have bought myself a juicer - but since I was blessed with one - every so often I use it. One of the recipes that I have used is in this link to Magic Potion a post I did on a juicing recipe that I have used.

Today I made myself a juice called - One Potato Sweet Potato basically because I had all the ingredients on hand. Here is the recipe just in case someone is interested:
1 orange (peeled)
1 pear
2 carrots (tops removed)
1 sweet potato

Be sure and wash your produce before you juice it.

And one little thing before I close - so I understand that by juicing a person gets lot of nutrients, but you don't get the fiber from the food that way. Another thing is that it is pretty expensive to juice and you tend to waste(I give my chickens the waste that is left over.) So if the budget is tight- I would suggest buying the freshest produce that you can and eating it- that way you get all the nutrients from it.

But because it was a blessing from God that not only I got the juicer - free- but I got the book for cheap. And that is certainly a blessing from God!!! And I praise Him for all the blessings that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)