Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Cpap Saga Continues

When last I wrote - I had decided to ask for the nasal pillows mask to be sent to me. On Wednesday I received the nasal pillows. And 2 hours into the night I woke up because around my nostrils was hurting - they were very sore. Thankfully my husband helped me switch the mask out to his nasal mask for the rest of the night.

The next day my husband and I talked and we thought - well maybe the nasal pillows is something that a person has to get used to using. So I decided to try it out a few more nights. By Sunday I decided that I would probably not get used to the nasal pillows mask and went back to the nasal mask. And I slept much better. In fact, the last couple of nights I have only gotten up once to use the bathroom. And that is surprising. I feel like I am awake a lot less during the night. And it feels good to be getting some rest. It is still going to take some getting used to using but I think I am on my way to this working out for me.

So yesterday I put in a call to my supply company to request the nasal mask- one of my own- a new, better design has come out and it makes it easier to get on and off.

I will probably write again in a week or so to let you all know how things go with it.

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)