Tuesday, January 19, 2016

2 Years Ago Today....

It's been a while since I have shared an update on the growth of my hair. And since today is the 2 year anniversary of when my husband shaved my hair because it was dying, I decided this would be a great time to give an update.
 
As I type it seems like it just happened. It was a hard time. On Thursday - my hair felt bouncy and healthy - actually felt a little healthier than it had been. It gave me a little false hope because I thought, "Oh I might be the one that does not lose my hair" - I think it is VERY rare not to lose your hair when you are on Carbo/Taxol chemo regimen.
 
By Sabbath morning in the shower when I was washing my hair I noticed there was quite a bit of hair. And Sunday - when I was taking a shower- I actually gasped at how much hair came out with just a swipe of my hand across the side of my head. I decided I would not be shampooing my hair at all. I just wanted to make it through the day.

We had our granddaughter and I wanted to wait till after she left for us to shave my head.
If I remember correctly - we watched SweetPea for a couple of hours that day - and when my son came to pick SweetPea up - he had shaved his head. He knew what I was fixing to have to do. As soon as I saw him - I cried.
 
They left our house at about 5pm - and shortly afterwards would be the time to shave my head.
There were tears and there was laughter. I laughed through tears that if we were ever on The Amazing Race - that we know we would be able to shave our heads for lots of money - if we faced that challenge. In these times of sadness it is best to try to find the humor in things. Laughter is good for the soul.
 
Anyway so without further to do- Here is my hair 2 years later!
 

Sorry that the photos aren't real clear - but they give you an idea of what my hair looks like. My hair is about the same color as before - it used to be more coarse - not it is more fine, which makes it a bit thinner than it used to be. But thankfully I can still style it the way I like to. And hey - it's great to have hair again.
 
I am still having some issues with my eye lashes. But I have found a mascara that it helping a bit - so I will try to do a post about it. I think it is some fabulous mascara - oh and it is one of the cheap ones- like $5.94! And I have tried more expensive stuff and it hasn't done as well as this one has. I will try to type that up later this week.

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)