Thursday, October 24, 2013

What a Promise

"They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore;
the sun shall not strike them,
nor any heat;"
Revelations 7:16

I read this verse on a friends blog and thought how cool it was, that this promise mentions the same wording as our beatitude for this week  - hunger and thirst. But that is not all- I really liked the last part of the verse. As you all know - I am from Texas and it gets pretty hot here during the summers- and even past "summer" - it was up to 80 degrees today. I know that is not hot but it is much warmer than most states have during the last part of October.

Anyway I have though how I would love to live somewhere that does not have such HOT weather- and someday I will....in heaven!!

Ad speaking of hunger and thirsting - this is speaking of physically but I think it is also speaking of spiritually as well. God will be there with us- How cool will that be?!!

In Isaiah it also mentions the same promise-
"They shall neither hunger nor thirst, Neither heat nor sun shall strike them; For He who has mercy on them will lead them, Even by the springs of water He will guide them." Isaiah 49:10

2 comments:

  1. I love how you brought out the last part about heat....today our high is 86, and by next week we should be back up to about 90. So I totally relate to your desire for cooler weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sad- I have to say I am SO glad that I live here and not there. It is sad to have that high of temps this late in Oct. I will pray that ya'll get some relief from the weather. Have a great day! :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision