Sunday, October 27, 2013

Outside My Comfort Zone

This weekend I did something outside my comfort zone and I actually survived it!

My husband is the deputy director of the youth club at our church. And this week end was the Skills week end. So normally I stay home and take care of our animals and such. Well this time I decided to go. It was probably a good week end for me to go - to take my mind off of the medical problems I am having. Anyway I went along with him and I basically helped the cook- make the meals. I was pretty busy this week end. I was up at 6am- walking over to the camp kitchen. Later after we got the kitchen cleaned up after the meal - we had a break and it was during this time period that we were able to go get our showers and get cleaned up.

So I helped with all 6 meals. I also helped with setting up kitchen - 2 times. Why 2 times you might want to know? Well because Sabbath evening just after supper was done- there was a pretty good system that was going to come through - so we have to secure as much of the stuff as we could. Well most of the bad part of that storm system bypassed where we were- Praise the Lord. But later we got hit pretty hard. We have a large circus tent and one of the post was bent and so one section of the tent went down. But I have to say this - the director of the club - researched tents until he found some great tents - and so all of the club members who slept in tents - 90% of them - had a pretty decent night - none of there things got wet. I was amazed. My husband and I took our RV - so very thankful - I do much better when I have at least the basics. Anyway during the first few hours of the night we got pounded. A couple of different times it sounded like we might have gotten hail. As I was disturbed by the weather - I would pray for all those in the tents. Oh We had about 40 people total with our club - but there were also about 11 other clubs on this camping trip. Anyway like I said our club survived and only the one thing was damaged.

So this morning - we had to get up at 6am - and go to the campsite and we had to get the kitchen set up again - before we were able to get breakfast cooked up.

So this evening I am very tired- We were up late at night and then up early in the mornings. And busy during the days. I had about an hour or so break between each meal - so at least I had that but it was a lot of time on my feet. I am very tired this evening, but I am glad that I went. I was able to meet new people and get to know some people better. It was good to get out of my comfort zone. I am thinking I will probably start going with my husband on all of the week end campouts.

I hope you all had a good week end. Mine was pretty nice. I am tired so I will close for now. And hopefully I can get to bed at a decent time. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision