Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Prayer and Studying the Word of God

Yesterday I shared a devotion from last week that spoke of spending quiet time in prayer. Well I just wanted to spend a little more time on this because I feel it is very important.

In our technological savvy world - there seems to always be something going on. Something to distract us from spending time with God. It seems like we always have the radio, TV or computer going-  all these things have some good qualities about them(as well as some bad but we won't go there today.) But when they are going all the time and there is no quiet time for us to spend in developing a relationship with our Saviour, there is something seriously wrong.

We need more than just some time in prayer- we need some serious time in the Bible, our love letter from God. It is only through this quiet time of prayer and study do we truly open ourselves up to hearing God speak to us. Yes, He can speak to us when we just spend quiet time I prayer, but we are missing out on a true blessing when we do not spend time in the scriptures.

If you don't already, I would like to challenge you to devote some time every day to spend in prayer and Bible study. First thing in the morning when it is quiet and not very many interruptions seems to be the best time for me. God is always there waiting to meet with us.

1 comment:

  1. Good reminders, especially while I'm still settling in and figuring out what my routine even is! Thanks for the challenge to both pray AND study. I agree they're best together.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision