Thursday, October 3, 2013

What a Promise with a Bonus

He shall deliver you in six troubles, Yes, in seven no evil shall touch you.
Job 5:19
 
I have wondered what this verse meant by 6 troubles and then when I it says "in seven"? Well I looked it up in my Bible Commentary and I was very glad I did.
 
It says:
"An expression found also in Ugaritic poetry. These numbers should not be taken literally. Six means many- seven means more." Is that not the neatest things!

So -
 He shall deliver you in many troubles, Yes, in more no evil shall touch you.
 
That really encourages me, and I bet it is encouraging to you as well.
Have a blessed day :O)
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Makes me think I should look in the commentary more often!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi- It has been a real blessing to finally get this set of commentaries and to be able to start using them. It has been so insightful! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)