Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Getting UFO's Finished

This week end my husband was out of town with our youth group from our church. I stayed home for a couple of reason- my eye- trust me - it was the most blood shot I have ever had my eye - red all the way around my eye. There is still quite a bit of redness in my eye as I type. The other reason that I stayed home is to take care of our animals. We have the zebra finches now and they really need fresh water and food every day. In the future - I will see if on of our sons will take care of the animals so I can go but with my eye in pretty bad shape and having to be careful- we thought it would be best for me to stay home.

Well I took advantage of the quiet house and I spent some time in my sewing room. This coming Friday is my first Block of the Month for the new year- and so I took some time this week end to finish the last couple of blocks from last year. That way I could start this year out fresh. Last year I did both blocks- but this year I have only signed up for 1 block. When you do two blocks you have to pay for one each month - so by not signing up for the second block this year - I will be able to save money. Things have been tight and I am trying to cut back where I can. And this was certainly an area in which I could easily save my family money.

For this new year - I am thinking I will do a series on putting the blocks together. Just in case there are some of you ladies out there that would be interested in learning more about quilting. This year will be a learning experience for me as well- we are using two new sets of Marti Mitchell templates that we have never used before. So there will be new things to learn. I think you all will enjoy it.

So once I got done with the BOM's- I decided to look and see what I had to make more Thanksgiving place mats. Last year or so - I made 6 of them. Well our family is growing - along with each of our sons having girlfriends. One of the girlfriends Mother does not have very much family left - so we will probably include her as well. And who knows who else will end up coming over. This will be the first year in a LONG time that I will not be working my tail off at the bakery the days and weeks before Thanksgiving. It will be a nice change. I can actually spend some time working on a menu and getting the house ready. It will be nice. I am looking forward to it - especially the cooler weather.

The place mats I made last year:



The place mats I just made:


My place mats are not exactly like the other six- but that is fine.

The backing is different also:


The backing of the original 6 place mats is plain brown. So the pumpkins do kind of liven them up.

Actually I think that I like the new ones better any way. God has blessed by me having the fabric's that I needed or that I could work with in order to put them together. And I am very happy to have that job in the process and with plenty of time to finish them up totally for Thanksgiving.

By the way - UFO- stands for Un Finished Objects (projects)

******************************************************************************
Also if you wouldn't mind - I have a dentist appointment this morning and would really appreciate prayers- thanks :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision