Monday, September 3, 2012

The Pros and cons of Thrift Store Shopping

Good Morning my friends! I hope you all are having a great week end! I have had a pretty good one. In fact - yesterday my sister and I took a Mental Health Day. That's what we call a thrift store shopping day! It was very much needed for both of us. We only hit two stores but really that is all it took cause I found some awesome things! First we hit a store, much further away than what we usually go to but they had a sale going - 30% off of everything in the store. So this made the 2 dresses that I found great prices at $5.59 and $4.19 - both of them great brands! I was thrilled!! A nice pair of jeans for only $2.79 and a few nice tops were all bought at the first store.

Then we drove towards home - but detoured over to a great thrift store - only problem they have is no bathroom. But the cool things I found there made it worth the trip and worthy of more trips back to this store. It is not in the best neighborhood - that is one reason my sister and I like to go together.
I found a practically brand new pair of Cato jeans - $6.56 And everything else I bought there was much cheaper per piece - tops anywhere from $2.42 - 4.94. Like I said - it was a great day!

I felt a bit bad because my sister did not find as many awesome deals as I did - but a great pair of pants for work she found for only .99 cents -was like the best deal of the day!

Once I got home yesterday evening - I got laundry going - so I could wash up all the stuff I got. I then began to go through my closet and try stuff one. I like to do this periodically. This way if stuff does not fit very well I can pull them out and pass them on to others who may need them. I am also able to organize my clothes into what I wear to work or my regular clothes. I don't have to dress up for work - but there are times I have ruined clothes due to bleach(from doing dishes) or from grease. So I really try not to wear my nicer clothes to work. It seems like I am always surprised, when I do go through my closet and try on clothes that most things do fit - even though I feel like I am too fat for a lot of it. So I guess I just need to be reminded that Yes I do still fit into these clothes...lol.

I still would like to go through the section of my closet that has my dresses, skirts and the tops I like to wear with them. And try stuff on and organize it. Also to make a list of what I might need in that area. What is difficult is that I need a couple of tops that are a similar color like a couple of my skirts - the problem is finding a top that will match the color - especially when you don't have the skirt with you. That is one of the disadvantages to thrift store shopping. But the amount of money that is saved is SO worth it.
******
Oh and this being Labor Day week-end and like the last farewell of summer - you would think that temperatures would be more mild...WRONG. Yesterday it was like 103 as a high - well that is the high that I saw - it could have been worse. And it looks like for the next 4-5 days we will have triple digit temps. Not fun. At least we had a few days in there that were a bit lower than that. Those days are refreshing.

Well I do hope you all have a great day!! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories