Saturday, September 1, 2012

Seventh-day Adventists Believe...

Today I would like to start a new series. Many of you know that I am a Seventh-day Adventist Christian, but for those of you who do not already know that or are not familiar with what Seventh-day Adventist believe - I would like to do a series of our fundamental beliefs. I will not go into a whole lot of detail -but each post - I will offer to send you a book that goes into a lot more details of what we believe. If you are interested - please just let me know by contacting me or leaving me a comment. I will be happy to mail a book to any of you who may be interested.

Fundamental Belief # 1 

 Holy Scriptures:The Holy Scriptures, Old and New Testaments, are the written Word of God, given by divine inspiration through holy men of God who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. In this Word, God has committed to man the knowledge necessary for salvation. The Holy Scriptures are the infallible revelation of His will. They are the standard of character, the test of experience, the authoritative revealer of doctrines, and the trustworthy record of God's acts in history.

  " knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."
2 Peter 1:20, 21

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."
2 Tim. 3:16, 17

"Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path."
 Ps. 119:105

    "Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. 6 Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar."
Prov. 30:5, 6

"To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."
Isa. 8:20

    "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth."
John 17:17

   "For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe."
 1 Thess. 2:13

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Heb. 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)