Thursday, September 6, 2012

Just Before Us Is...


Just before us is "the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth." Revelation 3:10. All whose faith is not firmly established upon the word of God will be deceived and overcome. Satan "works with all deceivableness of unrighteousness" to gain control of the children of men, and his deceptions will continually increase. But he can gain his object only as men voluntarily yield to his temptations. Those who are earnestly seeking a knowledge of the truth and are striving to purify their souls through obedience, thus doing what they can to prepare for the conflict, will find, in the God of truth, a sure defense. "Because thou hast kept the word of My patience, I also will keep thee" (verse 10), is the Saviour's promise. He would sooner send every angel out of heaven to protect His people than leave one soul that trusts in Him to be overcome by Satan. GC560 

What an awesome quote this is! "He would sooner send every angel out of heaven to protect His people than leave one soul that trusts in Him to be overcome by Satan" Wow - what love our Savior has for us!! I am so grateful for that love. 
As always - if you would like to read the whole chapter - Here is a link. You will want to go to the chapter titled "Can Our Dead Speak To Us?" 

I am down to just 115 more pages of this 678 page book. And this will also mean I am only 115 pages from  finishing this book series "The Conflict of the Ages" series. This set of books has been such a blessing to me. I am so very glad that the Holy Spirit convicted me of my need to read these books. 

I do want to stress something that is very important. The Bible is the MOST important book any of us can ever read. It is the Love Letter from God and it gives us ALL that we need:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work
2 Timothy 3:16-17

We need to devote time to studying the Bible every day if at all possible. We have an adversary that is REALLY seeking to destroy us and we need to know what the Word of God says. 

    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 
1 Peter 5:8

This series of books that I have read have only helped me understand the Word of God more. There are SO many Bible verses throughout these books. And it has been such a blessing to develop a better understand of   Jesus and His Word. 

I hope that you are spending time in God's Word. There are so many treasures. Please don't ever become complacent in the knowledge you have about the Bible. There is always something to learn. :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

19: Go to the Ant