Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Empty Milk Jugs, Funnel, and a Blow Dryer


How can a few empty milk jugs, a funnel and a blow dryer make for a better camping trip?

Well today I plan to share that little secret with you all. I know that this will be a post that may not benefit everyone - but I hope that it helps at least one person.

First I need to explain a little background. The campground that my husband and I love to go to has a bathroom with 3 showers;however, it is quiet difficult to shower there, at least for me it is
Some campgrounds that we have gone to have had a really neat set up for the shower stalls, which included little stall before you step into your shower stall. So you are able to walk into get undress and leave all your clothes and such in this little stall while you go into the shower.

Well the showers at this campground are not like that at all. No - they just have the stall. And the way I have had to so it is to use a Walmart bag to hold my clothes and such in and then flip it over the stall door so that my stuff will not get wet.

Now to get back to my new discovery: We have an older RV that has small water storage tanks. So by the time we get a shower each and wash dishes, wash faces and brush teeth - our gray water is full and then I have to go take a shower at the shower house. I do not like doing this so I have figured out what I can do to make my camping trips much more enjoyable!

First of all I put the stopper in the bottom of the shower - and take a shower with as little water as possible. I get wet - then turn off water and lather up hair, shave and all and then turn water back on and finish my shower. Doing it this way I only end up using about 2 gallons of water or less
.
So I have figured that I can do one of two things- scoop the water from the shower to the toilet and put it with the black water - which we never over do it - so it would not be a problem to do it this way. OR I can scoop the water out and put into empty milk jugs. And then dump when we drain the black/gray water before we leave the park - or just wait till we get home to dispose of it.

This will make it possible for me to be able to take my showers in the comfort of our own RV. The bathroom is small but so much nicer than going to the shower house.

And what about that blow dryer? Well when we go camping we like to keep the trailer very cool. And so it is often times quite chilly when it comes time to take shower. But if you will just use your blow dryer for a bit in the bathroom - since the bathrooms are so small it usually warms it right up, well at least enough that you don't freeze. LOL :o)

I hope that these idea helps someone else. And I also wish I had have thought of these ideas much sooner. At least I know them now.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your idea about the hair dryer. The small RV bathrooms can get really chilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very thrilled to have finally figured this stuff out.
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories