Sunday, September 16, 2012

First Time - Won't be the Last

Last week my husband was able to work 4 - 10's and was able to have Friday off. We had some errands to run in a small town nearby. Once we were done with our errands we were trying to figure out where to go for lunch. Well to my surprise - my husband took me to a little place that I had heard a lot about but had never been to before. It is such a neat lace to eat. Not very big but great home cooking and even free desert! I tried to take a few photos to share - this was the only one that turned out. There is a train that goes all the way around the top of the room, over bridges and in tunnels. It is so cool. I think it is also cool that in each booth there is a different clock. There are drawings of area landmarks - around the room and that is another great touch. 


As we were eating a lady working there was sitting at the table next to us doing some work. My husband told her that it was my first time there - and she shared with us that this restaurant had been around for 92 years - 40  years at the current location. What a great history for a place like this. I was very impressed. 
Oh and one of the best things about this place was that they had very reasonable prices. I love places like this that not only have a great atmosphere but that also have reasonable prices! We will be going back. 

What is funny is that when I posted on Facebook about us going here and it being my first time - a friend of mine who has lived in this area forever was shocked that I had never been before. But when I was a kid we never went out to eat. I remember one time going to a Crystals Pizza place - they had an awesome little movie room theater that showed cartoons. Anyway so there is no chance I would have went as a child and we just had not gone. It was fun to try something new. I like to do things that I like to do - but sometimes it is refreshing to the soul to do something different.

I think it also helps keep your brain active to do new things - even little things like driving a different route. Where we live - when we are going to go to a store - we usually have a choice of which town we want to go  to and several different route to each of these towns. It's just one more good way to keep your brain active. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking