Friday, September 14, 2012

Conforming to the Divine Model


"It is in this life that we are to separate sin from us, through faith in the atoning blood of Christ. Our precious Saviour invites us to join ourselves to Him, to unite our weakness to His strength, our ignorance to His wisdom, our unworthiness to His merits. God's providence is the school in which we are to learn the meekness and lowliness of Jesus. The Lord is ever setting before us, not the way we would choose, which seems easier and pleasanter to us, but the true aims of life. It rests with us to co-operate with the agencies which Heaven employs in the work of conforming our characters to the divine model. None can neglect or defer this work but at the most fearful peril to their souls." GC623


Another quote from the awesome book I am reading. Here is a link if you would like to check this book out. The Great Controversy

Here is a link to check out other awesome books. 

I hope you all have a great week end! :o) 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I'm always looking for recommended Christian books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren~ the book "Steps to Christ" was the first book I read of this list and it was awesome! Such a blessing. "Mount of Blessings" was next and it was a great book as well. Then I started the Conflict of the Ages series and it has been a blessing as well.
    Steps to Christ and Mount of Blessings - are both fairly short books I know that they are books that I will go back and read again. I hope you are blessed, Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)