Monday, September 24, 2012

Did You Know that God uses Loppers? Well He Does - Kind Of


This week - I will be doing some repost of some great posts that I think would be well worth the revisit for those have not yet read them - and reminders to some who have seen them before.
*****************************************
About a week or so I picked up my loppers and put my leather gloves on and started working clearing up the space around the trees around here. And I am thrilled with the results. I have some more places in the yard that I need to work on, but my yard is headed in the right direction - that is for sure!

I have found it quite amusing that since I have been learning what it takes to make trees look nice- as I drive places I notice how some trees are really pretty and some not so much so. I now realize that in order to have pretty trees you have to clean up that growth that really does not belong. You have to cut down the briar's and pull them out of those trees. There is a lot of work. It is not just something that happens without some hard work put in. As I have been thinking of this - I began to understand the way a person grows in Christ. It does not happen all on its own without some hard, painful work involved. Only when we allow God to use his loppers to help cut away that which does not edify our lives. And cut those briar's out and pull them out. Sometimes this is painful for us. But the end result is so worth it.

I think from now on, I will not be able to look at these major areas in my yard that I have cleaned up without remembering that lesson that I have learned and that I too am a work in process.

"The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands." Psalms 138:8

"being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;" Philippians 1:6 

2 comments:

  1. Lauren - It's great to see your comment and know that you are on the mend. Hoping you are doing well. Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking