Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Gray Dots or Golden Stars

Another repost - important things to think about:


After reading the story -"You are Special" about the wooden people. It got me thinking - which of these stickers am I handing out? We really do have the ability to brighten someones day or to bring a dark cloud over someones day as well. There are a lot of hurting people out there that need the love of Jesus to shine through you and me. And really only by allowing God's love to penetrate our hearts are we able to truly love other people.

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never ends.." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a



After reading this passage in the Bible - it is obvious that Loving is a tall order to fill. But when we have Jesus in our hearts - he gives us this love for others. This is something I really need to work on. I am a sinful person and I have the tendency to want to react to other people's unlovely behaviors in a not so lovely way.


By spending more and more time with my Maker, I hope to become more and more like Him. May I allow Him to work through me and may I allow God to love other people through me. And may I avoid passing out the gray dots and instead stick with using the golden star instead.

And the next time that someone tries to stick a gray dot on you because you don't live up to their expectations- Stop and watch as that dot falls to the ground as you realize that your value comes from your Maker. :o)

2 comments:

  1. I love that story and the lessons it teaches. Thanks for sharing, I need to remember this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the story as well. It taught me so much! Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking