Friday, September 21, 2012

This and That Friday


Today I thought I would just do a This and That post since I have several different things that I wanted to share.
First of all, I wanted to share something very cool with you all. Remember I shared how I had decided to hand wash most of my dishes? Well this month we got our electric bill and I compared it with every electric bill that have have had in the last 10 years( I keep bill notebooks and so it is easy as pie to go back and get this information- I would suggest you do the same thing.) Anyway our electric bill this month was anywhere from $20.00 - $145.00 cheaper than any mid September bill in the past 10 years! Can you believe it. The closest time that the bill got to as low as it was this month was back in 2009. Our highest year was 2007. One of the contributing factors for our lower bills is that we bought new windows for our home. There are other changes - like us not using our dishwasher but maybe once a week or so. Sometimes if my husband is helping in the kitchen he will load the dishwasher and then we just will wait till it is full to run it.
I am so thrilled with our bill being as reasonable as it was. Not cheap by any means- over the $200. mark for sure but not as bad as it has been in the past.
************************
It has been a warm day. I had to close up the house this afternoon and turn the AC on. I am SO looking forward to fall and cooler temps. In fact, I had my son pull down my "Fall" box from the attic. I can not wait to change out my table cloth to a great fall one. And to redecorate with my fall stuff. I think it is one of my most favorite times of the year to decorate for.

***************************************
This was a thing floating around Facebook. And I just had to post it along with this statement:   When he said change - I don't think this is what the people that voted for him thought he meant....
I don't like to get real political on here - but you can probably guess I was not one that voted for him and I will not be voting for him this time either. 
***************************
Just wanted to share a little piece of the place that I work. This is a great country store/bakery/grill. Our customers are great. And any times friends run into each other and visit. 
Well I think that is all of the "This and That" that I have today." I hope you all have a great week end!

2 comments:

  1. Sure is hot where you live! It never gets that warm here in Scotland. I hope you're able to cool off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - I am SO ready for cooler weather. Scotland seems like a very cool place to live. Love all your photos and verses!
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision