Monday, April 16, 2012

G.A.P.

The other day I was at a local thrift store. As I was leaving the store, I noticed a shirt handing at the end of an aisle. It said:

G.A.P.
God Answers Prayers

As I left the store, I thought about God answering prayers and back over some major answers to prayers that I have experienced. I think it is a very good idea to remember answers to prayers. I even have a prayer book - that I write my prayer request and on the page across from the "prayer request" I have a page that is "praises." This way I can go back over what my prayer requests were and many times I run across prayer requests that have been answered and I am reminded of God's care - even then I have been too busy to notice.

Even though we are told in James 5:13 that if we are suffering to pray; this should not be the only that that we are praying.

We are told in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 that we are to "pray without ceasing."

Matthew 26:41 tells us to pray to help keep ourselves from temptations.

God has all the solutions to our problems. He may not answer our prayers the way we would like Him to, or in the time period we'd like. But we can trust Him to do the right things for us.

As I was doing a personal study on prayer I found a little gem.

"...But the prayer of the upright is His delight."  Proverbs 15:8b

Isn't that awesome? Our prayers are a delight o our creator and savior- How awesome is that?! :O)

*******
I have an answer to prayer that happened just last week. I was carrying my medicine in my purse because I was having to take the medicine while I was at work. When I got home from work, I discovered my Prednisone missing from my purse. I called back to work and asked if they would look for the medicine. Well no one saw them. After looking thoroughly through my purse and vehicle, I knew that the medicine had to be at work. So I drove over there. I looked around and did not find them. When I was walking out to my car- I prayed and told God that I had no idea where the pills were and could He please help me find them. As I sat in the car - I just happened to look into my rear view mirror and guess what I saw- my pill bottle laying on the ground next to where I park. They had apparently been sitting there for at least 2 hours or so. I was so thrilled to have found them. I was thrilled that no one else had found them and that taken them. God cares about even the small stuff. Be sure to include Him! :o)


1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord for His leading you to where they were! And for sending an angel to protect that bottle as it lay there on the ground!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)