Wednesday, April 18, 2012

God's Promises/ Our Strength

When I went to my Dr. on that Friday morning to get help with my poison ivy, I was told that I could expect to get some relief with in 24-48 hours. Had I realized that it would take more like a week or longer, I don't know if I would have made it through those days. It was the Hope that tomorrow would be better, helped me continue along the journey.

You know I think that God is the same way. He does not give us time expectations on our sufferings but he does warn us that we will suffer. And he also gives us promises. Promises like Romans 8:28

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalms 46:1

"But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble." Psalms 37:39

"The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble." Psalms 9:9

We can hold onto the hope of the promises. God's words are truth. So whether our suffering is for 24- 48 hours or longer - we can hold onto God. He is our strength. A Mighty Fortress is Our God! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)