Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Little Family and More

Yesterday I was driving home on some back roads. As I drove up a small hill, I suddenly noticed a little family crossing the road. I stopped and I grabbed for my phone and hurried to get the camera going on it. By the time that I got the camera ready- the little family had already crossed the road. A Mamma chicken and her baby chicks. Oh how I love baby chicks!! I wanted to take the whole family home with me. I was so happy to get to see them go across the street and be able to get a photo. Even though you can not see the babies as well as I would like to be able to. I would have LOVED to have gotten a photo of them on the street - you would have been able to see them much more clearly.
So if you drive back roads- be careful because you don't know what little family might be trying to cross the road!
***************************************
I think I shared that I had gotten poison ivy. I am not surprised at all. And goodness, had I known how irritating it is - I would have worn a long sleeved shirt the whole entire time - even though it was quite warm. I have been struggling with this for a few days now and it seems to be spreading. So today I called my Dr's office. I wanted to see if there was anything that she could call in for me. Well I figured she wouldn't - some Dr's do - my Dr does not. Anyway I am not totally convinced of this but how they were talking is that it does not spread by the pus or what ever out of the sores coming in contact with other things but just that I was exposed in different places and that it comes up at different times. Oh and I found out that it usually last about 2 weeks. Goodness - that means I have another week of this. I did find out that I can take benedryl - so I will probably start taking small amounts at night to see if I can get help for this itching. I am itching - not only in the infected areas but all over. And it is annoying. Here is a photo of the worse area of my poison ivy:
Well after this experience - I have a new respect for poison ivy and a new resolve to get rid of it out of my yard. I have a little bit of work left in the corner of my yard and some more poison ivy to clear away. And there is another place in my yard that has had poison ivy before. So I will be vigilant to get it taken care of and cleared way.
If any of you have any more help for poison ivy - I would love to hear it. I would like relief and relief fast. Thanks :o)

1 comment:

  1. I actually heard just today by using dish washing soap it stops the oil from spreading. it is the oil of the pi that spreads on the skin dry up the oil help eliminate the spread.

    i feal for ya I just got fungus ringworm not a worm at all but a fungus trying on new clothing. arg.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking