Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Where Does My Help Come From

The Lord...Of Course! :O)

I have shared how I have been going through some personal battles lately. Well I still can not and probably can never go into details about what I am going through, but I wanted to share what I can in order to help others of you out there, that feel as though you are under attack from Satan.

Several days ago as I was talking to my sponsor, she pointed out that this case of poison ivy was probably directly related to the battle that I have been going through. As I thought of it, I realized that my sister and I used to always play in the woods and I never ever remember even knowing about poison ivy or any such dangerous plants, yet we never got poison ivy.

This case of poison ivy has been so tough and miserable. It has beat me down. It's hard to stay strong and focused on God when you are not getting very much sleep and when half of the time or more you are itching or burning and miserable. And that is even with meds. When I went to the Dr on Friday she said I should see improvements with in 24 - 48 hours. I have still been suffering.

This morning during my devotional time, God brought some of my favorite verses to mind. I know I have shared them all with you before. And I am sure I'll be sharing them again. God's promises are worth reading again and again.

The trial I have been going through has been a very painful one. And I have had to first remember : "Be still and know that I am God.." Psalms 46:10a

God is God and I need to just be still and allow Him to be God. When I do this I can remember that:

"The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace." Exodus 14:14

I needed to be reminded of this. I have not had a lot of peace lately. Satan has been attacking my mind and trying to keep me in internal turmoil. He's been doing a good job, till I decided Who I wanted to be in charge of my life.

"To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified."
Isaiah 61:3

I love this promise. Beauty for ashes...garments of praise for the spirit of heaviness. Praise the Lord for His loving kindness.

I am also reminded:

"But He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold." Job 23:10 (I believe this is the theme verse for the book of Job)

I have decided to turn this trial over to God. When Satan attacks... I will step back and allow God to fight for me. And I look forward to the peace that only God can give me.

If you are going through a hard time right now- turn it over to God, we were not meant to carry all these burdens. God has promised to help us out. We just need to trust Him.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)