Thursday, December 2, 2010

Changes and Priorities

Sitting at a hospital all day for two days gives a lot of time for thought. I was thinking of the fact that I used to be a person that did not like changes. But there have been SO many changes in my life over the last couple of years, I have learned to turn my life and my will over to God. And this has really helped me because I am letting go of the control of my life. It is in such better hands when I leave it in God's hands. Sometimes I still resist changes. And when we put all of our faith and trust in God and turn our lives over to Him, it is amazing what he can do. Struggles that we've always had are no longer struggles.

I know it is scary to let go of control, sometimes I find myself trying to be in control and then I remember that God knows what's best and He does such a better job of being in control of my life than I ever have.

I heard a part of a sermon on the way to the hospital and the question was asked:

Did God consider Jesus more important at 30 years old in his ministry than at 28 years old and a carpenter? In both of these cases God was equally as proud of Jesus because Jesus was doing the will of His Father. God was not more proud of Jesus just because He was in the ministry.

So this is a great reminder to me that as long as I allow God to lead in my life, that I will be in the will of God which is the very best place to be.

***
Back in July I wrote a post about priorities and it is so cool to look back and see God's hand in how my life has been going. God knew that in order for me to make the changes that I have made that I needed to be prepared for them. and by realizing that even though I have done some things in my life fr a long time does not mean that they are things that need to stay in my life.

I learned a very important lesson last week actually. When I went to the Dr. she told me NOT to be around cigarette smoke- well because I have always been so dependable to my MIL, then I disregarded my health and went to work, where I knew I would be around cigarette smoke. And I paid the price- I felt miserable. I would get so hot and nauseous. And the instead of getting better after going to Dr and getting on a Z-pack, I actually got sicker.

Then this week I had only asked for Monday off, but as I sat in the hospital room for hours - quiet so my husband could sleep- I have plenty of time to think. I realized that in order to keep my priorities in the correct order- God, Husband/Family, Health.....then I needed to be off all week so that once my husband was home - that I would be there to help him and keep him from doing things that would be harmful like bending to pick stuff up, even putting on socks could do damage to his back. So I took the whole week off.

I have allowed that job to have TOO high of a spot in my life. Yes, I feel like I am being led to help her out and to carry some of the burden but I will do my best to not do it at the expense of my family or other priorities again. :o)

We did not get home till about 9:30pm on Tuesday. And we were both tired. Yesterday I slept in -trying to get caught up on sleep. And then I had lots to do around here to get caught up. Sorry I did not post yesterday, but I had a lot to do.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    I so understand where you are coming from. I have been looking at my priorities this week and making some radical changes.
    Thanks for sharing your journey with me.
    Blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision