Friday, December 3, 2010

This and That

Well yesterday my husband had a rough day. I think it might have been the "3rd day is the worst day" thing. I have heard this said about surgeries and accidents, that there is something about that 3rd day. Anyway today he has seemed to be doing better. It will take a while totally heal up and that is normal. We are going to just let him take it easy and heal properly.
*********************
I also wanted to share how this new lifestyle that my sister and I have changed to- has really had a lot of benefits. I am so thrilled to say that we both made it through Thanksgiving without gaining weight! In fact - I lost a pound or two that week. And with my husband being in the hospital and me not being able to follow a lot of the healthy changes - like getting to bed before 10pm - and not eating as healthy as I would like - still no weight gain -staying steady. I am so thrilled. In times past, the stress of Jason having the surgery and having to be up at the hospital long hours for 2 days in a row would have given me the "right" or privilege or excuse to go back to sodas or to eat unhealthily, but I did not allow the stress to run the way I live my life. And it felt good to be able to still make good choices - as good as I could under the circumstances.

My sister and I both are so happy to have made the changes that are long term and that have given us both hope that we will be able to lose the weight that we have wanted to lose for years. And that we will have the chance to reach some goals that have eluded us for years. And that we will be able to keep the weigh off once we lose the weight that we want to lose. We have both given the amount of weight that we lose to God. We will eat this way the rest of our lives and God will make the choice of where our weight lose will stop. It feels good to let go of that. Now I must confess that even though I have released that part - I still would love to have instant gratification. And I have to remind myself that it took years to get to where I am and it is not all going to come off at once. In fact, it is good for weight loss to be somewhat slow. If it is then I have more of a chance for my skin to tighten along with the weight loss instead of sagging. And that is a good thing.

************
Ok last week when I drove by a gas station - prices were at $2.49 a gallon. And I had thought that once Thanksgiving was past that gas prices would go down. That is usually how gas prices work. Anyway today when I went to Block of the Month - I about died when I saw the most recent gas prices - $2.79. And I was not too happy about the fact that I HAD to get gas today.
I would be curious to know what the gas prices are where you live. So if you would leave a comment with gas prices and at least a state. That would be cool to see how the prices are different? And also did the gas prices jump in your area this week? :o)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa!

    Yes, our gas prices jumped just like yours. Same price too--it was $2.79 today at Walmart, then I had the Walmart card which brought it down .03 cents. But last week when I had to fill it was around $2.50. I was pretty shocked.

    Congradulations on your continued success with your lifestyle change--I am so proud of you! And you are such an encouragement to others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! you really are an inspiration to me... (:

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision