Monday, December 20, 2010

Sometimes our past has the keys to our feelings today..

Way back when I was about 9-10 years old, I went on a camping trip with my church. Our church has a youth group called Pathfinders and this was a camporee - where a lot of different clubs got together. I lived in Pecos at the time (this photo is actually the year before - the story I am about to tell, but it gives you an idea.) We were going to stay at the Davis Mountains for our camporee. Well I had packed up my clothes and all and got busy doing something else. Then we got loaded up into our van - photo below.

My sister had ridden up with some other friends and so it was just my Mom, Dad and I. It was a long trip and my Mom and I got tired so we went to the back of the van to rest. My Dad stopped or gas and while he was getting gas - my Mom and I went to the bathroom. Well apparently he did not realize that we had went to the bathroom cause when we came out of the bathroom - he was gone. Well it was getting late and the gas station would be closing soon. There was no way to get a hold of my Dad. And the gas station that we were at was in a bad part of town. Well we went out and sat on the curb. I remember my Mom being really upset and crying and I tried to tell her that Daddy will realize we are not with him and be back soon. Well he did come back. We got to the campsite and low and behold - my suitcase had not made it to the van. So I had ONLY the clothes on my back to wear. Well an old lady from our church said that since she was not too much bigger than me - she would share her clothes with me. I remember feeling dumb wearing old lady clothes that did not smell very good.

So why am I sharing this story today? Well the last couple of days I have been discouraged. I continue to lose weight which is great! I am so thankful to God for giving me the wisdom and knowledge needed to be successful. Anyway so I am making due on my clothes as much as possible - I have bought some things from Goodwill but the more I lose the less clothes I have to wear. And now that I am out of a job - I am feeling discouraged because I don't know if we can afford for me not to work - let alone - go buy clothes. So I have been stressing about this. And God brought the verses that I share earlier with you all about God taking care of our needs. This is a great promise and even though I don't now how He will do it - I am choosing to trust Him. And then this afternoon, I ran to town to take care of an errand and on the way back - I remembered the above story. I remember not having things to wear that I liked and the feelings and then I realized that - that was the fear that I had. I am doing the best I can to bless others with the clothes I no longer need. And I am sure that God will provide what I need - when it is needed.
And God will provide for you as well. :o)

2 comments:

  1. He did that for me a few years back. A friend thought of me when a sister in Christ passed. I spent that night late into the early hours sitting on the decided daughters bed with her sharing the gospel. My girlfriend had shared all but grace. Grace being the most important thing. I still have a lot of those things in my closet. Bags and bags of them. The things that you would find me in to. Wolves on tshirts and such.
    ASK HIM

    bet you'll get more than just some clothing
    there will be a story to tell

    ReplyDelete
  2. God will provide. And I agree with the other comment about asking Him. Do not be shy about it. When we lived in Texas, my dining room chair literally broke underneath my brother when he sat down in it. We had gotten the table and chairs used for free from a relative who had passed away. They were eons old, and not the sturdy type of old furniture either! Well, my sister told me I needed to save money each paycheck because I really needed to replace my table and chairs--I knew she was right, but just did not have it to save with medical expenses. So I prayed about it and forgot I had even prayed. A couple of months later, a lady at the college posted that she was giving her table and chairs away FREE. We went to see them, and they were MUCH nicer than I would have ever imagined someone would give away for free. An answer to prayer. And we are still using them today! :) I have many other stories similar--God's arm is not short, remember? Praying for you especially right now, though, as I know this is a hard time.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2