Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Slowing Down, Enjoying Life

I have enjoyed being home more. I have lots of projects round here to keep me busy. Yesterday I decided that it was time to take the Christmas tree down. I enjoy it being up but it was time to get my house back in order. - Or at least start heading that way. Anyway so I got the tree taken down. And then I worked on getting some presents ready for my MIL's Christmas this Friday night. Normally we do her Christmas on New Year's Day but my Brother in law has to work so we moved it to New Year's Eve. Then I started getting all my Christmas stuff packed away. I had a box in my sewing room that had fall, Thanksgiving, and Christmas stuff that I had found at the thrift stores. And I was not very happy that I had forgotten about this box until today. So I packed up the Christmas stuff. I also worked on an inventory sheet. This way Next year I know what I have and where it is.

One of the reasons why I did the inventory sheet is that last year - after Christmas I bought 2 boxes of Christmas Cards. Well by this year- I had totally forgotten about the cards. So I bought 2 more boxes for this year. And then I found the others. So this year I will begin to be more organized. I am more excited about next Christmas season now - because I know that I have my Christmas Cards already. And there were a few really cool Christmas ornaments that I found that we would have loved to have had on the tree. And a few other cool things that I found that we will love. I am also excited about next fall - found some really cool things this past year and next year I will take the time to get the things out and decorate our home.

I really have missed out one some real enjoyment of the holidays by being too busy. Being too busy distracts you from being able to live in the moment and to enjoy the moments. I don't want to be there any more. I don't want to be so busy that I am too tired to take the time to make my home a haven - an inviting place for me and my family to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories