Friday, December 24, 2010

In the Hands of God

Well Good Morning my friends~
Lately it has been hard to stay on my new schedule that was working pretty well. With my husband being home since his back surgery - means no more alarm going of at 4:40am. And to be truthful that is a bit early for me - but I really am thankful that my husband is able to go to work before the morning heavy traffic and is able to come home before the afternoon heavy traffic s0 we go with it in stride. My biggest problem has been getting to bed at a decent time. I think that when my job crumbled away to nothing - really impacted me and it took me a week or so to just deal with it, in the mean time - I stayed up too late and slept too late. Not only that this week has been full of baking and then of course since I was baking I had to have at least one of each treat that I made. My sister and I both have had to deal with extra temptation this week. And yesterday was my families Christmas get together. So my sister and I just decided that - we will get on track tomorrow and so we enjoyed our dinner together. I still have 2 Christmas dinners to get through but I am getting back on track so I think it will work just fine. I had also reminded my sister that many people gain about 5 pounds or so over the holidays, she and I both have lost weight since Thanksgiving so - if we can maintain this week and then get back on track - that will be a success for sure.

So last night I did my best to get to bed earlier than I have been - it was still a tad bit later than I wanted to - but at about 5 am - I woke up and could not go back to sleep. Talk about getting back on track. Anyway I think I will do one of my Leslie Sansome walking tapes in a bit so I can get some exercise. It is suppose to be rainy today so I will probably not get out for a walk later. And I will be making up one of my meals - I am thinking the Coconut Curry with Greens recipe and that way I have a good, healthy food for a few meals. That makes it so much easier for me t0 be able to cook for the family and still have a healthy meal myself.

And look at the verse that I was reminded of:

"Rejoice evermore, pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. " 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

This verse really spoke to me because it talks that this is he will of God and I know that the best place for me - IS in the will of God. And I will be honest - when I stopped feeling sorry for myself because I felt that I had not been appreciated by my MIL and started to pray for her - to have strength to get through the holiday baking(even though the first time or two was difficult and I had to insert in the prayer that I still wanted her to realize how much I did) it has softened my heart and allowed me to look at the positive side of everything. It is so nice to know that even though things do not go according to how you thought they would - that it is the will of God. And when you know that - you can breath easier knowing you are in the hands of God. :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2