Monday, December 6, 2010

Learning New Healthy Recipes

Yesterday I went to a cooking class. It was basically about cooing healthy around the holidays. The lady showed us how to make about 10 different recipes plus she showed how to cook up Kale so that it tasted good. Then at the very end we got to taste everything for supper. I was very pleased with everything, except one thing and that was only because it was a bit spicy hot for me. But I think that just putting in 1/2 cup of rotel tomatoes will fix that problem. The rest of the stuff was good.

She even made some eggless eggnogg and it was delicious! I loved it! I will be sharing this recipe plus at least one or two of the other ones with you this week. I have a great recipe to share as something to make for Christmas morning - and other times as well. Baked Elegant Oatmeal. It was very good. I think this will be something that I make for Christmas for my family this year.


They had door prizes and I was one of the lucky ones that won one. I won a garlic press. I already have one - a very nice one so I will be finding someone who does not have one and giving it to them.


And the lady that put this class on - brought a box of "The 30-Day Diabetes Miracle" books and gave each of us one. It has some fantastic information in this book - for diabetics and really for anyone - I think. Your diet and exercise routine really make a BIG difference in how your diabetes goes - you can really improve your health with your diet and by exercising. And truthfully EVERYONE would benefit by eating more of a plant based diet and getting enough exercise. Getting outside when ever possible to exercise is very important. Getting enough sunshine is also important. And actually I probably ought to put a link to the principles that I try to live by - they area ALL important to live by. Here is a link to that post. Our choices really do play a very important role in our health. Our genes might work against us but if we will make good choices we can over ride the bad genes. And for me, it is well worth making the changes for better health. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for all of this information. I am procrastinating but will wait for after the holidays. Really want to get the extra twenty pounds off.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking